Maf sensor

Hi I'm having idling issues so I cleaned the maf sensor up (had a lot of black stuff on) it seems to be genuinely running slightly better but it's still dipping on idle quite badly.

I left the car running after a warm up and removed the plug on the sensor but it kept running does this mean the maf is faulty?

also a bit of a long shot but if anyone's in the south east area not to far from me it would be ideal if we could arrange a meet so I could borrow you maf quickly lol outrageous I know but it'll save me some money and I'll swing you a drink :) 

any replies/help much appreciated 

The unplugging of the maf test is pure garbage, it doesn't prove anything either way, it's another thing I have googled the cra p out of trying to diagnose my car

When you unplugged the maf did the revs change at all, and did they change when you plugged it back in, did it put the cel on

@Piggysniffer the cel light isn't on and I don't think the revs changed, I didn't really check that to be honest I just removed it and it didn't cut out so stuck it back in, bit of a nightmare to be honest as it's obviously something quite simple, I just got the car and it's annoying driving around in town etc

You to mate, !Removed! hell she cleans up well haha and I'm not really sure where to go from this point to be honest...not sure if it's worth taking it to the garage as it could rack up a nice old bill but will tell me what the problem is right away or try and tackle it myself.

certainly already saved money by trying your maf sensor I just need to find out more info on this iacv situation 

Yeah, I think that's the next thing to check tbh, possibility of tps sensor also, I've not had any dealings with the iacv or whatever it's called on a scooby roo so can't be of much help mate, I'm pretty sure it can be cleaned tho 

• Like 1

Oh I see, my ecu isn't standard so I can't just reset it normally anyway can I? Also could a remap be in question here because of different fuels? The previous owner told me to use she'll v power as that's what it's mapped to so I went ahead and used that but I'm not sure if he just plucked that out the air and gave me a random answer, the car did cut out randomly just after picking it up and putting more fuel in (she'll v power) but then hasn't done it since which leads me to think could that happen because it was pulling the old fuel through and now it's given it a dipping idle?

also is there a chance of this being the idle control valve? I was thinking about it because when I start to slow down upto lights etc it's then dipping down to about 100/200rpm then rising and finding its idle but could a broken idle control valve suddenly find its idle after a couple of dips or if it's broken will it never sit at idle? 

Sorry so many questions and probably stupid ones but I'm totally new to subarus not to mention modded ones and id like to try and understand as much as possible so I can get to know the ins and outs of this car

Most scoobs are remapped for v power /momentum 99 Ron as it gives the best gains . Couple of things that would be worth looking at. ..

Have you checked the vac lines ,intake pipework and fmic pipework for leaks ?

Condition of air filter ?

Does it hold boost ok ?

Do you know how old or what condition the spark plugs are ?

Icv is a good shout , it can be cleaned fairly easily with brake cleaner and a bit of wd to lubricate it afterwards. just make sure you buy a new oe gasket for your version for refitting it once done .